Local media outlets and bloggers have been following our work since we started in 2008. Articles, features and clips have helped to get the word out about our programs and the impact we’re making in mid-Missouri. Take a look at our coverage on our media archives page.
If you are a member of the media:
If you would like to schedule an interview, please contact Tamara Maddox at (573) 514-4174 ext 813
If you are a student researcher or journalist:
Thank you for your interest in the Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture. We are happy to help you gather the information and interviews you need for school reports, research papers, and student journalism projects. Please read and follow our student information request protocol below, so we are able to help you access the content you need in a timely manner!
1. Please read through our website first! Basic information about our organization and programs and frequently asked questions can be found here.
2. Before contacting us about your story via e-mail, phone or in-person please submit the “Student Research Request Form” found at the bottom of this page.
3. A staff member will contact you within two business days of your request.
4. After discussing your project with you further, the staff member will gather answers to your question and try to provide them to you by phone or e-mail within two additional business days*.
5. If your article will be published, CCUA reserves the right to request a copy of your article prior to publication in order to ensure the accuracy of any quoted/attributed information.
6. CCUA reserves the right to decline student requests at the discretion of our staff.
*Please note, we try to turn around all student research requests within one or two business days. However, since our staff can get very busy, it may take as many as four business days to provide you with the information you need, so please plan accordingly. Your request is important to us and we understand students may have extenuating circumstances. When possible we will work with you to meet your deadlines.