Current Job Openings:
Background and Organizational Needs
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with fundraising or sales experience to support a growing organization. The successful candidate will work with all staff to further CCUA’s mission, and work closely with the staff administrative team and board of directors. Candidates should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- 1-3 years experience in a sales, fundraising, or similar setting, with experience in some of the following areas:
- Membership and fundraising campaigns.
- Maintaining a donor database with all relevant records of donations, contacts, etc.
- Grant writing.
- Experience coordinating fundraising volunteers.
- Event Planning.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Connections in the local community, to CCUA’s current supporters, and/or others in mid-Missouri.
- Organized: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities. Ability to coordinate multiple projects and schedules simultaneously.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, it partners, participants and the public.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of CCUA’s donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results. Delegate tasks to team members, volunteers and board members.
- Commitment: Be a person of integrity and credibility who is committed to and passionate about CCUA’s mission.
- Send the following to Billy Polansky BillyP@ColumbiaUrbanAg.org
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position
- OPTIONAL Demographic Questionnaire https://columbiaurbanag.org/demographic-questionnaire
- At CCUA we strive to recruit employees with diverse backgrounds, this quick questionnaire will help us know if we are reaching a diverse audience when we advertise our job openings. These questions are an optional component of the application process. Your answers are anonymous and in no way linked to your employment application.
Any questions about the position or application process can be directed to Billy Polansky at the e-mail address listed above or at 573-514-4174. Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2018 with a target start date of January 15, 2019.