Come experience a gardening and culinary journey with Craig and Sarah Cyr!
The Wine Cellar & Bistro has partnered with CCUA to build an organic garden for The Wine Cellar, at The Cyr’s farm – 12 minutes from downtown. The classes take guests from beginning to end of an entire growing season, by providing hands-on gardening projects, a gardening lecture by CCUA, an organic & biodynamic discussion with Sarah Cyr, a garden-inspired lunch prepared by Chef Craig, and a seasonal organic wine-pairing by Sommelier Sarah.
Class Info & Price: Classes are from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. Individual classes are $35 per person. Classes begin with 45 minutes of information on gardening from CCUA & Sarah Cyr and optional hands-on gardening together (please garden at your own comfort level). And around noon we have our garden-inspired lunch with wine-pairing. Some classes will feature guest speakers during lunch.
CCUA supports the garden with crop rotation planning, and instruction of periodic classes at the Cyr’s farm. CCUA guides the garden and the volunteers from the beginning to end of an entire growing season by providing hands-on classes all season long.
- Come have a fun gardening experience. Get some fresh air, and garden at your comfort level with us in a relaxing environment.
- Learn about organic & biodynamic gardening with Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture and with Sarah Cyr.
- Enjoy a delicious garden lunch from Chef Craig, and seasonal wine-pairing with Sommelier Sarah.
- Make a deep-rooted connection with how food makes its full circle to your plate at Cyr’s restaurant – The Wine Cellar & Bistro.
- Meet inspiring guest speakers that join us for lunch including: bee experts, local farmers, physicians, meditation & yoga instructors, food experts, and food politicians to name a few!
- Give the Garden Project experience as a gift to friends or family.
- Attend The Garden Project PARTY at the farm at the end of the season – featuring garden-inspired drinks and hors d’oeuvres!
Multiple Class Discounts (Prices are per person):
Sign up for: 1 or 2 classes, your cost is $35 per class.
3-7 classes, your cost will be $30 per class.
8-10 classes, your cost will be $27 per class.
11-13 classes, your cost will be $25 per class. *
*Garden Project Party, Sunday, October 9th, 4-8:
Sign up for 11 or more classes and you get in free to the Garden Project Party at the end of the season! Guests can buy tickets for $35 per person. Ticket includes a glass of wine and seasonal, garden-inspired hors d’oeuvres. We also plant garlic together and give an informational wrap-up speech.
Gardening for Gift Certificates!
Before every Garden Project class, from 9am – 10am, we are offering Wine Cellar Gift Certificates in exchange for help in the garden! We will give $20 gift certificates for anyone who wants to help for the hour. Let us know if you are interested. You do not have to attend the Garden Project class to participate.
To Sign Up: Please email email@example.com with your selected classes. We will then send you payment info and directions.
- In case of heavy rain, Craig will substitute the gardening activity with cooking demonstrations inside. We will still have class and lunch.
- We have outside dogs, please do not bring any pets.
- Please come in appropriate gardening attire — outdoor shoes, hat, sunblock, and gardening gloves.
- Let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions, thank you!
See the Gardening Project Flyer 2016 for class dates. Directions will be provided when you sign-up for the class.